Monday, August 27, 2007

This weekend, Brandy called me for PaB's chili recipe. After reading it to her, I knew I had to make it too. It is really good and just the thing for our fall weather. I figured I would share the recipe with my blog readers just in case this made somebody hungry for it. It is a pretty big pot of chili so freezing some is an option too.

Dad's Chili
1 tablespoon margarine
5 lbs ground meat
1 chopped onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 ten oz Old El Paso Enchilada Hot Sauce
4 fourteen oz cans of Beef Broth
2 cans Ranch Style Beans
1 ten oz can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
1 can tomato paste
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
3 teaspoons cumin
6 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon sugar
season with cajun seasoning to taste

Brown meat in margarine, add onion and garlic, cook down, then add everything else. Slow cook for about 3 hours.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

did pa-b ok the release of his recipe?

Laurie said...

I know PaB likes to share! I hope.

Anonymous said...

It looks good! But fall weather, what is that?

Anonymous said...

your chili looks delicious!!!! i cant wait for some fall weather over here. miss you!!
p.s-i gave the recipe out to so we are pretty much in the same boat!!!

Anonymous said...

Dont throw away the jam. and chili. just freeze it so i can have some when i get back...love you