Tuesday, August 14, 2007

So, I decided to take another road trip but this one was much longer. I surprised Keith on his conference in Long Beach, CA. This picture is when he walked into the hotel lobby to check in and I was there waiting for him. He was really surprised!

That night we ate at a restuarant called Gladstones. It had fresh seafood and was really delish. I had fresh Pacific Snapper blackened. From Gladstones, we could see the Queen Mary ship and this lighthouse.
The hotel we are staying in is really nice. While I was sitting in the lobby waiting for Keith, his friend from Boeing, Jim, saw me and I told him how I was surprising Keith. He knows our circumstances and loves Keith so right away went upgrade Keith's room so we have a really nice room with a balcony that looks out.
Keith did not have to show up today until 1:00 so this morning we went to the beach. The weather here is absolutely perfect. Keith went run a few miles while I laid out. We pretty much had that section of the beach to ourselves. Afterwards, we ate at the In-an-Out Burger and it was good. There are only three things on the menu: A hamburger, cheeseburger and a double cheeseburger. With fries. Yum!
Wow, I can't believe I am in California.

3 comments:

Willie Baronet said...

In N Out Burger! Yum! Looks like a lot of fun sis. :-) And I think we're both nuts, to answer your question. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Laurie, Sounds like so much fun! I'm glad everything worked out that you could surprise Keith... Sorry I didn't get to call yesterday, I got tied up at work and then it got too late.

Enjoy the rest of your week! Can't wait to read all about it!
leighton

Anonymous said...

Laurie - I am so glad you decided to take that trip!! And you were able to suprise Keith! Good for you!! Finally made it to Cali!!

Hope.