Friday, November 21, 2008

alright, this is my last blog about the quilt. It is finished, well, except for the actual quilting. The top is finished and I am very pleased with it. I certainly feel a sense of accomplishment for something I was really unsure I was able to do. Of course, it took a great teacher like Edna to help me and she had lots of patience.
This is the final borders I put on. I love the last border the best and it was one of my favorite fabrics. I think it really brings the whole quilt together.

Edna convinced me I needed to make pillow cases to match my quilt so I did (cause I always do what Edna tells me!). They were not as hard as I thought to make and when I put it all together on the bed, it will look really good. I am now in the planning stages of my next quilt (or two) and very excited about it. Thanks to everyone for the good wishes and compliments....I always appreciate the support.


5 comments:

Michelle Claire said...

Oh my god, It's so beautiful. It looks great in the room! I love the pillow cases. The border is amazing. I cant wait to see it tonight ; )

Leighton said...

Your quilt rocks laurie... and should help keep you warm in those crazy yankee winters :)

Anonymous said...

It really is beautiful! Pink and all. I'm so impressed.

Anonymous said...

It really is beautiful! Pink and all. I'm so impressed.

Willie Baronet said...

I love it! Appears I'm not the ONLY one with the talent. xoxo