Sunday, October 12, 2008

Michelle recently visited with Kyle at college. And though this is her picture to blog, I am stealing it for a reason. She told me while she was with Kyle that they talked about me and how I am doing with an empty nest. The day before that, Josh had asked me how I was doing with an empty house and it struck me how concerned my children are with how I am doing. As most people know, I carry a purse with my kids pictures on it and many people comment on how beautiful they are but I always want to say "But they are so much more than that". Their concern for me at a time when they are on their own, doing their own thing, shows how much heart they have, how kind and caring and unselfish they are. Every single day I feel blessed with these children and how much we all love each other. It is also what makes life without them in the house that much harder. But I will be alright eventually and I will get through this empty nest mess. I have heard grandchildren help!!! Just Joking, children. I love you.

1 comment:

Michelle Claire said...

Your not joking!!! You want em'!haha You know we worry about you, just as you worry about us. I love you and miss you.