Tuesday, October 28, 2008

First, I am disappointed because Keith and I met John in Philly on Saturday but I forgot to take any pictures. It could have been because we went to the Terminal again to eat lunch and it is such a cornucopia of food that I was distracted. Anyway, it was great to see John since I haven't seen him in such a long time and I used to see him all the time so I miss him a lot. My future son-in-law is a great guy and I am glad he is going to be a part of our family. Hope to see you again soon, John!


Ok, my quilt is progressing. There is more to quilting than just sewing. I had to cut all my fabrics and little by little I am building these blocks. I pin them together to sew and I can tell you, I have pricked myself a million times already.
Then I sew them together. I am getting better at the sewing as I go on but some on my blocks are a little crooked. Sometimes I want to do them over but Edna tells me I am to hard on myself and that it will end up ok, so I will trust her in this since she is the expert. Also, I have had trouble threading the needles and such and end up bringing the whole shebang to Edna at the shop to help me. The machine is the hardest thing to learn.

There is a LOT of ironing involved which I had no idea when I started this. Everytime I sew a block, I have to iron it. All in all, I have 24 blocks so that is going to be a lot of ironing and most people know, I am not the ironer in my family.

Then I have to cut the blocks each time to start sewing a new fabric on to it. Keith thinks this is all very tedious but I find it kind of relaxing though it is very time consuming since I am trying to go slow and do a good job.

Then I have my blocks but I still have 3 more fabrics to put on so I had better get to work because my next class is tomorrow and Edna will want to see lots of progress.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm confused!!

Michelle Claire said...

OMg it's gorgeous. I understand it all because we've talked about it. But it's awesome seeing where it will all come together, then seeing it all together. It is going to be such a beautiful quilt! Let Edna tell you what to do. She sounds like she has it gone on! It is going to be so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

whoa that was a whole lotta stuff!!! but your "blocks" look good! edna should be very proud!! ohh.. and your poor fingers! OUCH!

Willie Baronet said...

That is amazing! I can't wait to see the finished thing. You are an inspiration my dear. xoxo

Anonymous said...

nice kinda big picture as a whole must say like it and the pattern keep up the good work!