
Happy 2008! We went to a party with some of Keith's coworkers on New Years Eve. Keith promised we would only go for about an hour but of course that turned into 3 hours. I fall for that every time. You would think I would learn but it was pretty good and we were home by 10:00 so we finished watching some football and the ball drop in NY.

On New Years Day, we went to Washington DC to see the WW II memorial and the Holocaust museum.

The WW II Memorial is beautiful and quite moving

It is right there by the reflecting pool and the Lincoln memorial. It made me think about my grandfather, Merrick, that died in Okinawa during the war and all the men that died during that time. The holocaust museum was amazing, we spent about 3 hours there and only hunger drove me out. We were not allowed to take pictures but there is so much to see. They had real video, tons of shoes from the Jews that were killed, hair from the Jews and a railroad car they were loaded in to. It was all very moving and I felt like crying the whole time. However, there is also many stories of bravery and courage that show duruing the worst of times, people were still good and had hope. I recommend it for everyone. Once again, it just shows me how blessed my life is everyday.

2008 is going to be an interesting year for our family. Lots of changes and moving around. I have no idea how it is going to turn out but the one thing we can always count on is each other. I wish everyone a Happy New Year and hope everyone's dreams come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment