Sunday, March 11, 2007

Here is Leighton and I on the serving line at Emergency Communities, the organization we went to work at in New Orleans. It serves about 500 people everyday.
Me and Lauren are standing in kitchen. Lauren is in charge of the kitchen and planning the meals there. She is only 23 years old but somehow can feed all those people on donated items. She is a brilliant, incredible woman who is doing this for free.

Here I am with Alex, the other longtermer in the kitchen, cutting up vegtables. I cut more vegtables in one week than I have in three years. Alex is from New York City and wants to be a sports journalists so we had lots to talk about with March Madness around the corner!
One morning the Times Picayune came around and took this picture. It was in the paper today. It was the only morning I cooked breakfast, those are eggs I am putting in a pan. I probably cooked about 200 eggs. It was crazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics, glad you had a good time and are home safe!
Cool hat too.

Anonymous said...

im so proud of u mom