Monday, January 29, 2007

Keith surprised me with a trip to a Bed and Breakfast in Grafton, Illinois (pop.850). It is the building way up top. It overlooks the Illinois River and Mississippi River where they meet. The whole front is windows and has an incredible view. The eagles migrate here from up north and we saw plenty of them.
Our suite was called the Delta Queen and it was beautiful.
This is where we had breakfast, the view was breathtaking. The glass table was a little scary!
The B&B had a game room and Keith and I played some pool. He won every game though I thought I played ok. The room had lots of antiques and some crazy stuff in it and we spent a great deal of time looking at everything in the room
We enjoyed this sunset from the game room before we went to dinner at the Mississippi Half-Step. There I had some of the best blackened catfish ever! The restaurant is in a very old house and very quaint. This was one of my best Valentine gifts ever! Thanks, honey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful place! Glad you guys had a good time.

Christine