October is Domestic Violence Awareness month. My friend Valerie and I are staffing a booth for the Domestic Violence center where we volunteer. The tree behind us is a Peace tree where women write what peace means to them and we hang it up. I am overwhelmed by the responses of some of the women and how they are just looking for a safe place. Domestic Violence affects 1 out of 3 women and is on the rise for high school girls. Let's remember this and try to bring peace wherever we can to stop the violence against women.Saturday, October 13, 2007
October is Domestic Violence Awareness month. My friend Valerie and I are staffing a booth for the Domestic Violence center where we volunteer. The tree behind us is a Peace tree where women write what peace means to them and we hang it up. I am overwhelmed by the responses of some of the women and how they are just looking for a safe place. Domestic Violence affects 1 out of 3 women and is on the rise for high school girls. Let's remember this and try to bring peace wherever we can to stop the violence against women.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I am so proud of you. What an amazing thing to do for women who are being abused. I love to hear about women empowering each other.
Post a Comment