Saturday, February 28, 2009

Yesterday was Keith's Change of Command and it was bittersweet. His good friend Jim came in from California to attend. Jim is always there to support Keith and we are lucky that he has family in Charleston so we will continue to see him often. Jim is the best!
It is bittersweet because Keith is sad and I am so happy. Keith loved his job here but I know we are off to bigger things and better places!

That is Col. Hafer pinning on the Meritorious Service Medal that Keith was awarded during the ceremony. He has been a great friend to Keith also while Keith was Commander and he speaks really well and said wonderful things about Keith. Even I got choked up.






On the right is the new commander and that is Keith giving it up in the middle. It is kind of a weird ceremony where the old commander and his wife are banished afterwards so we had to go straight to our car and leave. Do not pass Go....
But it went well and Keith will work in the Headquarters office for a while before we leave. Sometimes I say this happens to fast but right now I am saying this is not happening fast enough, probably cause I want to get closer to the sun!




1 comment:

Michelle Claire said...

First off, MOM LOOKS HOTTTT!!! I love the outfit!!!

Second- Congrats Keith!! I know it's sad but now you get to lay out at the beach and eat great food for the next few years! Wish I was there. Love ya'll!!!