Monday, July 14, 2008

I received an email from my brother, William, last week telling me about the pre-launch of his newly designed tote in NYC this past weekend. The company, cykochik, is putting out 6 totes by 6 different artists including William. The owner of the company is a super nice woman named Nikki (above with me). We decided to go to this NYC market and give William's tote some love.
The original bag he designed is orange and pink but she has this one done in green. It was the coolest bag there and I thought I would be able to buy one but I have to order it online and that won't be until August. But I will and when I do, I will certainly blog the finished product. The new website for this is http://www.custom-handbags.com/ for anyone interested in checking it out. It was great to meet Nikki who had just wonderful things to say about William.
Of course since we were in NYC we decided to make a day of it and did a lot of walking about and riding the subways. This is Kyle down in the subways.
We went to Battery Park where we could catch a glimpse of Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty, and went in the opposite direction to Times Square. Keith and I had seen it before but I think Kyle enjoyed it especially Times Square.
But the best was catching a Mets game at Shea Stadium. It was free t-shirt night so we all got free shirts and it was perfect weather. The Mets had a great game, we saw two homeruns, and ate lots of food. Especially Keith! We got home at about 2:00 in the morning but it was worth it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHH...LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!!! CUTE BAG!!!

Michelle Claire said...

how fun! I wish i was there!

Willie Baronet said...

Holy designer totes, Batman! I can't believe that is you and Nikki there, and I can't believe you bought that tote! Christine loves green. :-)

Blushing in Dallas.

Tanya said...

I am so excited you got to go!! What a cool sis you are! I was in NY a few weeks ago and was bummed I didn't get to attend the opening. So I'm EXTRA glad you all were there. Christine will love it!!

So how is living up North??

Nikki Duong said...

Hi Laurie,

It was awesome meeting you and your family this weekend!! You're so sweet for coming by and sharing the love for Willie's Flower Power tote ;P

I'll keep you posted as to when it's available for customization online!

~m said...

I'm so sorry we missed you!